Terms of Entry – Bikes
- I understand and accept that Motor vehicle Racing/Competition can be dangerous and may;
a. Cause me injury, serious or otherwise;
b. Damage my property.
- I agree that in the context of this agreement, that ‘my property’ includes any property owned by me or in my possession or under my control.
- Neither I, nor anyone associated or connected with me, will make any claim against Landspeed NZ Assn. And their officers, employees or agents (hereon collectively referred to as LSNZ Assn.) in in respect of;
- Any injury suffered by me;
- Any damage to any of my property regardless of now the injury or damage occurs.
- I will release, hold harmless and indemnity LSNZ Assn. Against all claims, damages and losses (including costs) that they may incur as the direct or indirect result of any injury to me or damage to my property.
- I am aware that this indemnity will not affect my legal obligations that LSNZ Association, have to me which they cannot contract out of under New Zealand Law.
- I agree that this agreement and indemnity will be binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the sport of Motorcycle Competition.
- I attest that I am competent motorcycle rider and have the necessary skills to participate safely in this event.
- I understand that back-protectors are mandatory and I will wear one at all times when riding on the course.
- I am responsible at all times for the condition and safety of my motorcycle and riding gear/helmet.
- I confirm that my protective gear meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
a. Back protector;
b. Leather one piece suits; or
c. Leather or two piece suit with concealed joining zip. No jeans or Kevlar type cloth. No Cordura.
d. All motorbikes to have fitted a steering damper if exceeding speed of 125mph/200kph
e. Leather gloves with adjustable restraint type wrist band and full-length covering wrist
f. Leather boots that extend above the ankle. Must be zipped, buckled or laced. No motocross boots unless these are closed by zip, buckle or laced.
g. Snug fitting helmet, full race, with a strap retaining system, less than 10 years old, that complies with one or more of the approved international standards:
i. UN/ECE Regulation No. 22-04 or 22-05: Protective helmets and their visors for drivers and passengers of motorcycles and mopeds (Europe)
ii. Australian Standard AS 1698: 2006 Protective helmets for vehicle users
iii. New Zealand Standard NZS 5430: Protective helmets for vehicle users
iv. Snell Memorial Foundation: M 2000 or M 20005 – 2010 Helmet Standard for use in motorcycling
v. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 218: Motorcycle helmets
vi. British Standard BS 6658: Specification for protective helmets for vehicle users (for type A helmets only)
vii. Japan Industrial Standard T8133:2000
- I will not, under any circumstances, allow anyone not registered for this event to ride my motorcycle at this event.
- I will attend the morning rider’s briefing on all days that I participate in the event.
- I will obey all instructions given to me by LSNZ Assn., both verbal and non-verbal (for example, flags), whilst taking part in this event.
- I will not take part in this event whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I understand that LSNZ Assn. Supports the FIM/IOC Charter on drugs in Sport and that LSNZ Assn. Will use the services of the NZ drug Sports Agency (NZDSA) to professionally carry out drug/alcohol testing. I acknowledge, by signing this form, I may be subjected to a drug/alcohol test at any time. I agree to such testing.
- I understand that my entry to this event may be immediately cancelled without refund if LSNZ Assn. has reasonable grounds to believe that any of the terms 9 to 17 above have been breached.
- For only MNZ Landspeed records I accept that stripping and re-assembly for Technical Checks are at my cost if checker requires.
- I consent to the details contained in this form being held by LSNZ Assn. for the purpose of the promotion and benefit of the race meeting concerned, and Motorcycling in general. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information. This consent is given in accordance with the privacy Act, 1993.
- I understand that entries to this event may be limited for organisational reasons and that LSNZ Assn. are under no obligation to accept my entry.
- No helmet attachments like camera clips (Example GoPro) unless installed by Helmet manufacture.
- I understand that refunds, for whatever reason, are at the sole discretion of LSNZ Assn. and that LSNZ Assn. will not enter into any correspondence with regard to any claim that may arise from my participation in this event. Note the $100 membership is not refundable. I certify that the information provided on this form is correct.
- The motorcycle tires must be speed rated for the speeds intended to race. Eg ZR
- If the motorcycle has no tip over kill switch it is highly recommended a kill switch is fitted.
- All motorcycles exceeding 125mph/200kph should have metal valve stems fitted